2018 Caldwell Woods Preview
September 13, 2018
- This week the CCC returns to Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico.
- Live results by One2Go_Results will be here: http://www.livelynxresults.com/ Watch races scored in real time!
- Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight.
- On site number pick up and Day-Of Registration will be in picnic pavilion near start finish line. Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category.
- Please not fold or crumple your numbers. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your LEFT side (not your back!) .
- Staging for the rest of the series is; First row by CCC series points and then everyone else by CrossResults.com ranking. See here for preliminary staging on Friday. Also, please check the discrepancies page. If you name is on this page you need to either edit your BikeReg registration (and profile), renew you annual USAC license, etc.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible on the CCC’s 4 sided results board and for all pre-reg’d riders with correct/valid email address in their BikeReg rider profiles results will be emailed to you shortly after you finish. Also, One2Go will have its LiveLynx site updated in real time. Full results will be posted on USAC online Sunday night and series standings will be updated shortly afterward.
- Porta-potties will be located in the small parking lot nearest Devon and Milwaukee adjacent to registration.
- Teams can set up tents anywhere, but xXx Racing recommends doing so in the field North of the reg pavilion for viewing the finish line or the field to the North East for viewing the hill.
- Parking: Parking is limited in the lot next to the park, and we can’t promise that there will be room for trailers. Until 8am, you can drive (slowly!) down the bike path into the park to drop off tents and gear.
- Double sided equipment pits staffed by SRAM NRS.
- Food: Chicago Pizza Boss will be on site and Superdawg is across the street.
- Alcohol: IS permitted at Caldwell Woods. There will be a beer garden p/b Finch’s Beer Company near the run-up. If you bring your own, DO NOT bring glass bottles, cans or box wine only please.
- Look for “Kiddie Cross” near the staging grid around 2pm.
- Additional info over here on the static preview page. Make sure you read the info about Caldwell Woods NOT LaBagh Woods.
- Remember to use the hashtag #CaldwellCX so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along.
- There are still spots available for the Sven-nado CX clinic. Registration for the Sunday clinic (4:30-7:00) is 50% off for juniors! Register at xxxracing.org/thesvens
- The Svens will be on site during the day, but sadly, Stan Nice will not be joining the 4/5 race this year. So yeah, get your fanboy and fangirl selfie-sticks ready and show these world champions (again) how we do things around here (btw they LOVE it!).
- Weather: Looks fantastic but there might still be some standing water in a few places next to the river.
- There have been a lot of mosquitoes out at the park lately, so bring some bug spray just in case.
- The course: Tentative course is below. Clockwise starting from the staging grid. Reg, staging grid, finish line, and pit are all on the SW corner of the park.
Who is Stan Nice, anyway?
SS legend who I believe resides in Waterloo, Wisc. I think he coined the phrase “hydration is not a crime”. If you visit Trek CXC you can look at his bike on display… but don’t touch.