CCC Tuesday Updates – 20180828
August 28, 2018
- Thanks to everyone who came out to hi-five and start off the CCC season in style with xXx Racing at Relay Cross. Results are here. Remember this is all for fun, so for those of you wondering, Relay Cross results will NOT be counted in your CrossResults.com points.
- The CCC season officially starts in TWO WEEKS at Hopkins Park in Dekalb, IL. Remember the first 2 races are switching dates this year, so please do NOT show up to Caldwell Woods. The full event schedule is here.
- But before we start racing, let’s hang out a little bit off the bike at the CCC Kickoff Party at the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse on Thursday 9/6 at 6pm. Please RSVP here (so we have enough snacks and dranks) or on the FaceBook if that is your thing.
- After that the CCC takes a 2 week break so everyone can go see the PROs race at the Trek CX Cup and Jingle Cross. Good luck to everyone traveling to race those events.
- And finally… we’d like to welcome (back) Michael Heagney Homes to the CCC sponsor family. Many of you may know Mike as a very quick sprinter and expert tactician on the road, but he also happens to be really good bike driver on the CX track and also an accomplised real estate agent/broker. Please join us in welcoming Mike back to the CCC.
Welcome back, Michael Heagney! https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI
Showed this to Mike last night… he chuckled 🙂
Thanks for sharing Jeff 😆
Excited to be a part of it! May even race too 👍🏻
In the spirit of attracting more people to the series I was wondering if it would make sense to have a “Teams” page on the CCC website. The basic idea is that teams teams with some kind of “presence” in the CCC could be listed there with a short description of where they are based, where/when their practices are, what kinds of riders they have (juniors, women, masters, etc.), whether they have open membership or open practices, who to contact if they are interested in learning more about a team, a link to a website, etc. Something like this might compliment the strategy of looking around at the races and talking to people/teams. I was particularly interested in options for juniors but thought it was worth considering the more general point.
I like your idea. 3 thoughts. 1) http://www.illinoiscycling.org/clubs 2) I nominate you 😉 3) clubs can just hand me well prepared copy. I, of course give priority treatment to the presenting host club, but we have an ultra healthy supportive environment. Just don’t try to talk to me….I’m a diva. Kidding. Not kidding.
Better, email team/club copy. Again, no promises, as sponsors are in line first.
Coincidently, some of our friends started a FB group called CX Bandits. Not officially endorsing, but this looks to be a good resource.
Anyone know if the CyclocrossSitters will be in action this year?