2022 Glenwood Academy Preview
October 13, 2022
- The South Chicago Wheelmen host stop number two of the 2022 CCC at Glenwood Academy CX in Glenwood, IL.
- On the South side of the city, set your GPS to 500 W 187th Street Glenwood, IL 60425. Then please drive slowly through the campus to the parking area. This is an active school with children, so please drive carefully.
- The SCW usually have some sort of raffle to raise money for the academy, so look for that onsite.
- Single Speed Women will again start with the Single Speed Men.
- Look for preliminary staging to be posted here some time on Saturday. Remember the first row is by CCC Series Points, then everyone else is by CrossResults.com points. Let us know if you spot any errors. Thanks!
- And finally… its getting chilly. Please remember to bring and wear clothes for before AND after your race to stay nice and warm and toasty. See you all on Sunday!
Is there a lost and found? I forgot my warm up pants and a jacket near the start. Warm up pants have a UChicago swimming and diving logo and jacket says bonkers on the back. I’ll be at abd next week so hopefully the warm ups are there?
I left a black and red Castelli jacket at the start as well.
yes,typically lost and found items are usually placed in a black plastic bag at the next CCC race at registration
Course design question/comment/concern: Several sections of two-way traffic on the back half of the Glenwood course shared course tape in the racing line that resulted in multiple close calls with oncoming traffic, one of them at the bottom of an off-camber where hasty directional change to avoid a crash wasn’t easy to come by.
Making the best of a tight layout but a sketchy course design element, IMO. Big cheers to the SCW for putting on a fantastic day of racing but something to consider in the future.
Here’s my video of Men’s 4!
Lots of fun; thanks to all!
Men’s CAT5 video taken from the middle of the pack. I’m on a mission to get the entire series if my schedule and legs allow.
Here is my 45+ race video from Glenwood.