– Okay here we go, the CX season is finally officially starting! #CXishere
– Don’t forget we have the CCC Kickoff Party TONIGHT at the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse. We’ll see you all there!
– Thanks again to all our series sponsors, riders, spectators, parents, pets, etc who make our little series possible. This all wouldn’t happen without out you, so THANK YOU!!
– Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight here.
– Please pre-reg. Those riders who do will have their unofficial results emailed to them by One2Go Event Services. One2Go will also be posting live results on LiveLynx Results as riders cross the finish line each lap.
– Parking: The course crosses the road so it will be closed to through traffic. There are three parking lots in the park. One of them will be accessible from the park entrance at the stop light, East Dresser Rd. The other two will only be accessible from the other park entrance just West of the light. Should all the parking in the park be taken up there is a lot on the other side of Sycamore Rd. with a pedestrian tunnel that brings you back into the park. Please see the map below.
– There can be road construction on I88/110 and Dekalb is one of our farther-away races, so please give yourself plenty of time to get to the venue.
– Staging: At the first race of the series everyone is staged by CrossResults points. Answers to all of your questions are in our FAQ here. Starting at Caldwell Woods the front row is staged by CCC series points.
– Preliminary staging will be posted here tomorrow.
– Kids’ Races: 8 years old and under at 2pm, during the Men Cat 1/2/3 race.
– We’ll post pics of all podiums on Twitter and if we’re lucky maybe some other random shots from the day. Look for updates there as well if we need to communicate anything out to everyone.
– Food: Dave’s Slow Food will again be onsite all day.
– Alcohol is prohibited in Hopkins Park.
– Weather: We should have perfect CX temperatures, but
the remnants of tropical storm Gordon will be passing through and likely to make things a little wet it might be a little breezy.
– Don’t forget your cameras or phones or GoPros or drones or… We’ll have posts up here on the site each Sunday afternoon where you can post links to your galleries and videos so everyone can see them and themselves on Monday morning.
– The Course: Race director and course designer Josh Arends changes things up again this year making more use of the East side of Hopkins Park. As is typical of Hopkins Park, expect the track to be fast and flowy. Runs clockwise.